[sac-board] Re: Worrying about SAC's Website

  • From: "Stars" <stars@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:38:02 -0700

I thought that SAC formed a non-profit Corporation.  If it did, then you
have proof of an origination.
  I thought that Sac was hosted on Godaddy.  You can have Godaddy
automatically renew your domain names.
  By the way, you do not have to prove who you are to own a domain name.
  I know of two companies that was sued to give up there name, because the
company names was not registered, and infringed on another companies names.
What the other companies really wanted was the domain names. They could not
however make the companies give up there domain names, only stop using the
company name. My friend that owned one of the companies that was sued keep
the domain names for 4 years after the law suit until the company that sued
him bought the domain name from him, for a very large sum of money. So as
long as the club keeps the domain name paid for with the register, it is the
clubs.

Thomas Hilton