[sac-board] Re: Transferring sac-treasurer from Paul to Al

  • From: Paul Dickson <sac-treasurer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:09:58 -0700

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:09:14 -0700, Erdmann, Robert E wrote:

> The web server for www.saguaroastro.org also has an e-mail (POP3 & SMTP)
> server associated with it as well.  I can set up faceless e-mail
> accounts for all of the SAC officers i.e. president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> treasurer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, etc.  When new officers are elected, the
> current officer, in the presence of the incoming officer, can log into
> the email account and allow the incoming officer to change the password.
> This way, nothing on the web site would need to be changed relative to
> the e-mail addresses of the elected officers.

My previous message mentioned this, but there would still be some
administrating that would required.  Specifically lost passwords from
unused accounts or rebuilt systems.  Then the "current officer, in the
presence of the incoming officer, can log into the email account and allow
the incoming officer to change the password" isn't real workable as we
tend to not have internet access at SAC get togethers.

(Although, someone might ask GCU if there is internet access available in
room 105.  There are RJ-45 sockets on the west wall, but I'm not willing
to risk my notebook's network card by connecting it to something's that
might not be a network connection, let alone risk a built-in network
connection on a notebook.  They might just be RS-232 connections.  Anyone
want to call?)