[sac-board] Re: Thoughts on Poll and some others

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:44:36 -0700

The original point I was trying to make was NOT about raising dues, but
raising members.

-Paul

And that is a great point......I know that we have a fairly small room, but
it certainly would be nice to have the problem of what do we do with all
these new members?

I will take on getting with the usual dozen or so members who would show up
as the "brain trust" for a telescope clinic.  We might be able to get some
new members from that clinic.

I know that we don't have a "new membership officer" but, that might be
worth considering.  AND, NO....I don't want the job.  As a matter of fact, I
am negotiating right now to start writing another book for Springer-Verlag,
so I think that my time will be filled up for a while.

Signed, Novice Group Chairman (and that is all I want to be)
Steve Coe

Author "Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist"
Saguaro Astronomy Club website
www.saguaroastro.org