[sac-board] Re: Thoughts on Poll and some others

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:04:53 -0700

>>I also think that Thad's idea of controlling the show and tell by having
>>folks "sign up" with him will get some better handle on the amount of show
>>and tell.  I know that it is hit or miss sometimes, but I think that this
>>method can help.  The amount of business is controlled to below 30 minutes
>>by the club rules and we rarely approach that number.  I hope that stays the
>>truth for years to come.
>>

>"Thad's idea" is not very different from the way things have been running
>for the past 14 years that I've been aware of the meeting's program of
>events.  It's very seldom that there's a show-n-tell that the president
>doesn't know about prior to the start of the meeting.

Uh, Hello everyone, but "Thad's Idea" was not even his.  (I should know,
I'm Thad.)  Actually it was
Peter Argenziano's thought's in a private email after we got totally
hammered with Show and Tell
my first month as Prez that led me to ask in advance.  I wasn't aware
that SAC had been doing that previously,
at least I've never seen a posting asking for show and
tell's/announcements a few days  in advance.  But that's
neither here nor there, and I certainly don't care to argue the point,
I just wanted to give proper credit for it to Peter.

I do have some thoughts on the membership issue, I just have to gather
them and then I'll post.

Thad