[sac-board] Telescope donations...

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 08:00:58 -0700

Hello all,

Brian Workman just sent me the following email......

Thad,

As a member of the SAC board and the telecope making subgroup, I figure
you're the perfect person for this.

I just received a couple of 'scopes that the previous owners wanted to
donate to the club. One of them is a 6 inch f/4(?) newtonian. I took the
liberty of assembling it to see if it was complete, and everything appears
to be there with the exception of the rod for the counterweight. It even has
two plossl eyepieces (7 and 25mm I think). There is no brand name on it that
I can see, although it appears to be Russian made and has "Event Horizon" on
the side.

The other is an inexpensive field scope with a small (12") tripod.

Will SAC accept these items? If so, what would you like me to do, bring them
to the next meeting, or something else?

Firstly, is there a provision in the Constitution for accepting such,
and secondly, would there be any objections
to my taking possession so that I may assess them?  I would be more than
happy to make them available to
new members, much as Jack has done.

Thad