[sac-board] Re: TBird Spring Star Party May 10

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:59:41 -0700

Jack has covered the situation.... From the dirt and dust on those
flashers, they haven't been used in a decade!!  (We used to put them out
when we did star parties out at Buckeye Hills, years and years back...)
I can survey the condition of those flashers for possible use for the
Messier Marathon....  The replacement lantern cells might be a bit
expensive...

We have never needed anything like that before, at TBird.... I don't
know what the Parks Dept. is thinking... You can read a newspaper by the
light from Aurorae Phoenicis up there.  People are smart enough to bring
flashlights to walk in the dark, I think.... We are just "guests" at the
Park, let Glendale take care of the traffic and security issues !

By May, the TBird entranceway construction should be completed,
hopefully -- again, NOT our "problem"!!

This will be our 30th annual spring star party with Glendale, all but
perhaps one or two held at Thunderbird Park....

Gene
(17250)