[sac-board] Re: TBird Spring Star Party May 10

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:18:05 -0700

I got back with the Glendale Parks ranger on Friday.

1. The time will be 7:00 to 9:30 PM and that's what I will be telling the
media. It doesn't really matter for us, we can pretty much show up whenever we
want, identifying ourselves as having a scope.

2. They are going to get some of the small portable walk-way type lights that
you can buy at Target or Walmart. They are suitably dim white lights and may
be like the ones we used at N-Rim GCSP, which were good. She states there
won't be that many of them and they'll be mostly beyond the hill into the
site. Someone needs to go to Target or Walmart and examine them for possible
purchase and use by the Club with modifications to make them red. I have a
roll of red cellophane somewhere myself. Could be a cheaper and more lasting
alternative to the lantern battery type.

3. Ranger will have to gather more data on the entry points and road
construction and when it will be completed and what the arrangement will be by
May, and will report back.

Jack Jones
SAC Public Events Coordinator