[sac-board] SAC T-Bird Park Public Star Party 2009 Scheduled

  • From: Jack Jones <telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ SAC Board <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 20:01:49 -0700

Board:

Glendale Parks & Rec Dept. has a new Recreation Director taking over from
Caroline Medrano. He is Austin Pectol at phone no. 623-930-2018. We have
scheduled Saturday May 2, 2009 from 7-10 PM as the date and time of the 2009
SAC T-Bird Park Public Star Party, as I mentioned at the Jan. Board meeting
during the IYA discussions. (May 2 is Astronomy Day and April 27-May 3 is
Astronomy Week.) He will be looking into the funding available to determine
what facilities we will get this year as far as porta-potties and shuttles.
Sunset for the event is 7:12 PM and the Moon will be one day past first quarter.

Jack Jones
Public Events Coordinator
SAC