[sac-board] Re: SAC Board: Meeting Minutes...

  • From: "Chris Hanrahan" <chris.hanrahan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 19:03:43 -0700

Jack,
Sorry about that.  Please see the modified SAC Board Meeting minutes from
11-Feb-11 below:

==

Here are the meeting minutes from the SAC Board meeting from February 11,
2011:

Old Business:  The weekend of 03-Feb to 06-Feb was cold at the Antennas site

Newsletter: Mr. Harshaw has stepped forward to become the new newsletter
editor, for which the entire club is very grateful.  As a stipulation to
filling this role, Dick is suggesting the membership become "staff writers"
so our newsletter does not become a mass of information simply copied/pasted
off of NASA or other websites.  Many individuals within the club have
offered to set forward and write articles for the newsletter.  It was
determined the newsletter will remain a monthly rag, as opposed to
quarterly.

2011 All-Arizona Messier Marathon:  Rick Tejera submitted a list of
questions for the board to review.  Jeremy Perez's workload will not allow
him time to design t-shirts for the AAMM; Jack Jones will contact John
Snider to see if he will design the t-shirts; Jack will also investigate
port-a-johns for the AAMM.  At this time EVAC may or may not host their
hospitality tent for the AAMM.  SAC will need a sign specifically to direct
imagers toward the northern portion of the observing airstrip (no one
specifically stepped up; Hanrahan will talk about this more at March SAC
meeting).  Lastly, AJ was talking to [unknown individual] who manages a
website devoted to Messier Marathons about updating the location of the AAMM
- as of the board meeting this information was not updated.

Grand Canyon Star Party - North Rim: Mr. Dodder asked SAC to front the money
for the GCSP t-shirts.  T-shirts to be completed by John Webb (Idaho);
estimated $300.  No one had an issue with this.  Monies will be returned
after completion of GCSP-NR.

Laptop Projector: Jenn Polakis mentioned that the Polakis' household still
is holding on to the SAC laptop projector and was wondering if we needed to
sell it, as it isn't used.  Jimmy Ray suggested we hold on to it for public
outreach opportunities, etc.

SAC Windsock:  Mrs. Harshaw is making a "SAC windsock" for display at events
(AAMM, etc).  Mr. Harshaw asked if the club would mind pitching in $50 to
$100 to cover materials, etc.  This is not a problem at all.  All looking
forward to seeing the finished product.

Items requiring attention:
1)      SAC needs a sign to direct imagers to the north side of the airstrip
2)      Jack Jones to contact John Snider about designing yet another
awesome AAMM t-shirt
3)      Jack Jones will order port-a-johns for the AAMM
4)      Steve Dodder has one (1) "SAC (with arrow)" sign and should get it
back to the club as he and Rosie will not be attending the AAMM; signs
required for directing traffic to AAMM
5)      Need to get the SAC laptop projector to the Properties guy
(Blackburn) so it's not taking up space at the Polakis' household

Please let me know if there is anything I missed.

Chris