[sac-board] Re: SAC 30th Anniversary Shirts

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 22:45:52 -0700

OK, fine, I have pretty much a direction now. :-) We'll go with order blanks
and my email address for orders. We don't need any front money in that case
and will just be billed. We will go with polo shirts and T's. The order form
will ask color and size and whether longsleeve. Colors will be limited to what
will print properly with the color of the screens we make. It's too expensive
to add extra screens for an odd color. We'll use the logo with the slogan
"Thirty Years of Observing in Arizona" if that's OK. I'll have the mechanics
nailed down in a week or two. We can offer close to cost since it's mostly
within the Club. I need to know when approx this is all going to be needed so
I can set a deadline for ordering.

Jack

>Board:

Try to do some thinking in advance before the board meeting about what we
want. Decide how much money the Club wants to front or risk. We could do a
bulk run-off in assorted sizes like we usually do or: the easiest way is to
take orders with order forms. This will identify who is interested in
purchasing a shirt. Payment would be on pickup and any no-shows could be sold
off to others. Also people could email me their orders up to a deadline.

We have the choice of t-shirts or polo shirts or both. Also long sleeves, or
sweaters, or whatever is suggested at the board meeting. The choices would be
put on the order form and this is what would make it easy to do a run. Polo
shirts would have pockets and logo on the pocket or above the pocket. T-shirts
would have a pocket with logo on front and design tbd on the back. It could be
just a large logo with the slogan 30 years of observing in Arizona. Sweaters
could have large or small logo with slogan on front. Think about a design.
Establish a timetable, I don't know when the banquet is, it's not on the
Events page yet. If people are to buy tickets for a banquet they could specify
their choice of shirt then, but that hasn't been established yet either. See
you at the board meeting.

Jack Jones
Public Events Coordinator
Saguaro Astronomy Club