[sac-board] Permission Request

  • From: "Richard Harshaw" <rharshaw2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 07:47:38 -0700

The following came into my "president's email box" today. The writer wants
permission to use the SAC deep sky database 8.0 for a Palm application. I
wanted to run it by you all first, but as long as he credits SAC, I see no
problem with it.  What do you all think?

======================

I found a small typo in the 8.0 catalog:

"B 9 "," ","DRKNB","CAM","04 18 0","+55
03"...

The "18 0" should be "18.0".

By the way, is it OK if I make a free catalog for a PalmOS dictionary
program that uses SAC data? Actual two sets--one that's just pure SAC,
and the other that is an NGC/IC catalog, supplemented with SAC data
where this is available.

Thanks!
Alex

--
Alexander R. Pruss
Associate Professor

blog: http://AlexanderPruss.blogspot.com
From: "president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subj: RE: SAC DSO catalog permission
Date: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:52 am
Size: 1K
To: "Pruss,Alexander" <Alexander_Pruss@xxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Professor Pruss,
The SAC Database is available free online to anyone. We would be
honored to be included in your application. The latest version is V8.0
and was just recently released as the "final" version.
Best of luck, and clear skies.

Steve Dodder
President, Saguaro Astronomy Club
Director, Stone Haven Observatory