[sac-board] Re: Non-Club Articles in the Newsletter

  • From: "Peter Argenziano" <pargenz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 17:02:38 -0700

Yes, you cited the copyright notice I mentioned. You ended your citation
with the sentence that they would like to be notified if the content is
reused. It goes on to list the entities that should be credited. These
articles can certainly be used in a newsletter. But, some of them are dated
material that doesn't lend itself well to a newsletter that may be prepared
weeks ahead of its publish date.

The Space Place is indeed aimed at kids.
http://spaceplace.nasa.gov/astro_clubs/ I see nothing wrong with that. I
don't think SAC excludes kids. Many of the attendees at public events are
kids. Many of the members have kids.
The Article of the Month is intended to be used in club newsletters - that
is why it is produced.

I will agree that I like seeing more articles about the club or authored by
its members. But not at the expense of content. The newsletter should strike
a balance that covers the many aspects of astronomy that interest the
membership, IMO.

I suggest that you write an article for the next issue... but, please, keep
it astronomy-related.  ;-)

Peter