[sac-board] Re: Latest On-Line Gadget

  • From: Paul Dickson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 07:40:11 -0700

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:08:20 -0700, Rick Tejera wrote:

> Before I give my blessing, can this be set up so multiple people can edit &
> update? I'd like to have the board & committee charifolk to have privileges
> ton update & modify as needed.

I think it might be able to do it.  I'd like to get Jack to create his
own account with entries for new event (ones not already listed in the
saguaroastro account).  Then he can add "saguaroastro" as an attendee.
(These events might also need to be set to public too, but we'd need to
experiment in any case.)

Jack, do you want to try to create an account something along
sacevents?

> Also you forgot to add the May Star party

It was there, I just hadn't made it publicly visible (fixed now).  I have
set the default for all new entries to be "public".  Logging in and out
was a bit difficult.  The program likes to remember that you were logged
in.

For future uses (and I doubt we would do this) we might have the general
meeting entry send out a reminder automatically to sac-announce.  This
would entail adding meeting details to the entry (notes field?).

        -Paul