[sac-board] Re: Latest On-Line Gadget

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:08:40 -0700

Pretty slick, Dickson.  Wouldn't it be totally transparent if Stan just linked
to it from the appropriate SAC webpage?

Jack

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 21:40:50 -0700, Rick Tejera wrote:

> I agree with AJ, the information is already on the website, which is where
> folks are going to first check. Not to mention it adds one more thing to
> keep current, kind of defeats the KISS principle.

Ditto and more so for SAC's calendar page.  Also, which is more
complicated: a link to a calendar page or a link to a calendar page?
SAC's calendar page tries to load a PDF without first warning you.  I've
added Firefox extensions to block PDFs, so I get just an empty web page.
Acroread is a resource hog (which doesn't normally exit until the browser
quits) which is why I block PDFs.

Since the Kiko calendar is editable via a web browser, you don't need a
PDF creator nor a web page creator.

BTW - The PDF that's on SAC's calendar page has the wrong meeting date
for November.  So does: http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/Meetings.htm

View http://www.kiko.com/calendar/saguaroastro by the Month view.

-Paul