[sac-board] Re: Inventory of Schwaar stuff 5/15

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 14:11:51 -0700

On Sun, 12 May 2002 00:49:51 -0700, Peggy Kain wrote:

> I will bring copies of the amended Holmquist Inventory to the SAC meeting.

Any possibility of E-mailing copies prior to reinventorying.  I don't
relish the thought of doing extra work, only to throw it out when the
lists match.

> I suggest
> delaying the sale and auction until all clubs can be notified so that the
> best price can be realized.  What about August before everyone gets back to
> school and back to the fall activities?  Or Sept. as an incentive to attract
> new members ?

No need to wait on the school year since most of the clubs don't run on
that schedule.  What is needed is for someone to do the work.  Writing up
the text file with all the items and suggested prices shouldn't take too
long.  In fact this should be already done for all except the Schwaar
collection.  Then E-mail and hard-copies can be sent.

AJ can probably attest to the fact as prior newsletter editor, I have
kicked him into gear over many years to get the announcements out for the
Messier marathon well prior to the last minute.

There's plenty of time get this together for the July meeting, even if the
announcements go out as late as the end of May.  I think the only pivotal
scheduling point is what Diane has planned.  Diane gets to say when we
have this, but we have to let her know we're ready.  Then 6 to 8 weeks in
advance of the sale date we can start sending out the announcements.