[sac-board] Re: Help requested from the Planetarium Director at the Science Center

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:49:02 -0700

>I think that a very bad idea. Aside from having to pay to park, the
> Science Center is very inconvenient and personally I doubt I would
> attend any meetings there. The idea they are trying to get labor in
> exchange bothers me. They make a profit off your efforts.
>
> Jeff

Depends on your point of view.  They may make a profit off of our efforts,
but we're being provided a place for meetings in trade.  Both SAC and the
Science Center would benefit...SAC by being supplied a place for meetings,
and the Science Center by the extra hands.  That makes it equal to me.

I do agree with Jeff about the convenience, schleping stuff into the meeting
would
be difficult unless there are arrangements made for closer parking, and
traffic in the
area might be an issue if there are other events going on at the time.

And of course, there's the issue of volunteers....

I'll say this without bias either way, but I think it's worth some
debate/discussion.

Thad