[sac-board] Re: Fw: Emails for SAC.

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:57:11 -0700

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:34:45 -0700, Thad Robosson wrote:

> Here it is.  The info you need is below, but I believe that Paul will need to
> set up each of these emails to be usable with SACboard, forum, and announce.
> Stan, when you get some time, please set these up on the website in place of
> our personal emails using the JavaScript to keep the spambots at bay.
>
> I'd like to thank Bob, Stan, and Paul for helping out with this.
>
> I'm going to set mine up and test it out.
>
> Thad

This is now in the archives:
    //www.freelists.org/archives/sac-board/02-2004/msg00000.html

Although the addresses are munged, how to take over the mailboxes is still
readily apparent.  Everyone needs to take control of their mailboxes and
change their passwords ASAP.  Report any difficulties promptly.

Do not use a password you're already using, unless you'd like someone else
to know it.  I'm unsure that this POP3 server uses encryption for the
password, so expect the password to be sent in plaintext.  This isn't a
problem for POP3 servers at ISPs like Cybertrails or AOL, but it is for
Cox or networks at work (where you share a connection with your
neighbors).

I'll add the addresses and place them on vacation (they'll recieve no mail
from the lists, although they may post them).