[sac-board] Re: Fw: A talk a Saguaro Astronomy Club, Phoenix

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:03:54 -0700

Carolyn Shoemaker would be worth a try.  I don't believe I have ever
heard her speak....

I would like to hear Dr. Porco again, also, when she is available...
(You may know that she was responsible for placing Gene Shoemaker's
ashes on board the Clementine spacecraft, which later was crashed onto
the Moon....)
Gene
(17250)

Jennifer Polakis wrote:

>:-( Carolyn can't make the talk.  Should we consider another person from the
>Cassini team? or should I try asking Dr. Filippenko, an astronaut, Carolyn
>Shoemaker, or ????.  Let me know, so I can reply to Dr. Porco with a request
>for her to make a talk next year.
>Jennifer

[Dr. Porco's comments snipped -- GL]