[sac-board] Re: FW: Re: 2002 Events

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 10:21:38 -0700

Rick,
In my last message sent yesterday at 21:04:05 I said to Paul: "I see
some of your points. Maybe I've been looking at this the wrong way".
Thus, I was conceding that maybe I have been looking at this the wrong
way.  I felt this issue was over. You must have seen my last message and
so I do not understand the purpose of your message unless it is to
criticize me even though you put a disclaimer on it by saying "Sorry if
this message seems strongly worded, but I felt it needed to be said".

If I cannot express concerns or comments or suggestions without being
attacked, than I won't and will not from here on out.  What prompted my
comments concerning the way events are scheduled was not an out of the
blue criticism of SAC's procedures, but rather a response to a concern
someone had expressed regarding the timing of the May meeting.  I felt
this conflict was a result of the way SAC plans things and so I
expressed my opinions. Maybe my observation as to the cause of the
problem may be wrong, but I certainly should be able to express my views
without being criticized for doing so. As I said in a previous message
"My comments are intended to be constructive, not destructive" and this
is true. Perhaps my use of the word 'mystified' was innapropriate by
being inflammatory, and if so I retract and regret having used it.

To answer your question "where were you during the process itself? You
are obviously a member of the Board list, where the 2002 schedule was
discussed", I was here and observed it all. Although I thought it sort
of odd to plan things one year in advance prior to the new officers for
the next year, I said nothing because if this is the way SAC has been
doing things for years than maybe there is no problem.  However, now
someone expressed a concern over a May meeting conflict.  Simply because
I did not express any concerns last year, does that mean I cannot
express them now?  I do not understand this logic. If there is a problem
it can still be addressed in the future.

You state "It seems to me that you continually have problems with the
way this club is run, yet you do not offer solutions".  I have not
'continually' expressed problems with the way the club is run.  A member
reading your response to me may feel that if they present a problem to
SAC they will be labeled as someone 'continually' having problems. This
kind of attitude on the part of the club officers is not conducive to
getting feedback and improving the club. As for your criticism of me not
running 'for office', it is exactly the kinds of personality conflicts
as exemplified by this discourse that has deterred me from doing so.
Stan