[sac-board] Re: FW: Donation

  • From: "Jennifer Polakis" <m24@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:27:58 -0700

Sounds good to me.
Jennifer Polakis, VP
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve D." <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2008 5:07 PM
Subject: [sac-board] FW: Donation

Board,
   Here is a copy of the note I sent to Robert Morris, (not Mason), today.
I'll be waiting for his response before I forward our discussion to Sac
Forum, if that's ok with you guys.
  Thanks for your input Friday.

Steve Dodder
President, Saguaro Astronomy Club
Director, Stone Haven Observatory

fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman

Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 16:51:23 -0700
From: president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Donation
To: r.r.morris@xxxxxxx

Mr. Morris,
   I have discussed your generous donation with the Board of Saguaro
Astronomy Club.  Unfortunately, it is their feeling this donation is beyond
the scope of our club.  Fortunately, in your original note, attached below,
you ask if there would be another organization I knew that would be
interested.
   It so happens, there is.  It is my own Stone Haven Observatory, which is
where the donation to SAC would have ended up, too.  The usage would be
exactly the same, youth groups, scouts, public viewings and real science.
It would just be a donation to Stone Haven Observatory instead of SAC.  This
was suggested by the SAC Board on Friday night.
   If you're agreeable to donating it to me instead, I'd very much like to
receive a quick note from you stating that for the record.  You could just
say something like you donate this scope and accessories to Stone Haven
Observatory for their use, and we'll take care of it.  Keep a copy for
yourself as a record.  I'm told by our treasurer the value of the donation
is below the threshold for tax advantage, so it makes no difference there.
   Thank you very much for this very generous gift!  I'm sure we can do some
good with it.

Visit my website: http://www.stargazing.net/astroman