[sac-board] FW: Donation

  • From: Steve D. <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:07:54 -0700

Board,
   Here is a copy of the note I sent to Robert Morris, (not Mason), today.
I'll be waiting for his response before I forward our discussion to Sac Forum,
if that's ok with you guys.
  Thanks for your input Friday.

Steve Dodder
President, Saguaro Astronomy Club
Director, Stone Haven Observatory

fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman

Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 16:51:23 -0700
From: president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Donation
To: r.r.morris@xxxxxxx

Mr. Morris,
   I have discussed your generous donation with the Board of Saguaro Astronomy
Club.  Unfortunately, it is their feeling this donation is beyond the scope of
our club.  Fortunately, in your original note, attached below, you ask if there
would be another organization I knew that would be interested.
   It so happens, there is.  It is my own Stone Haven Observatory, which is
where the donation to SAC would have ended up, too.  The usage would be exactly
the same, youth groups, scouts, public viewings and real science.  It would
just be a donation to Stone Haven Observatory instead of SAC.  This was
suggested by the SAC Board on Friday night.
   If you're agreeable to donating it to me instead, I'd very much like to
receive a quick note from you stating that for the record.  You could just say
something like you donate this scope and accessories to Stone Haven Observatory
for their use, and we'll take care of it.  Keep a copy for yourself as a
record.  I'm told by our treasurer the value of the donation is below the
threshold for tax advantage, so it makes no difference there.
   Thank you very much for this very generous gift!  I'm sure we can do some
good with it.

Visit my website: http://www.stargazing.net/astroman