[sac-board] Re: [EVAC] Re: Re: [EVAC Cabinet 2005] All Arizona this or that

  • From: Paul Dickson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:34:48 -0700

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:59:47 -0700, AJ Crayon wrote:

> The All Arizona Messier Marathon has ALWAYS been called, named and
> titled All Arizona Messier Marathon, being preceded by the year of the
> event.

Not true.  I dug up hard copies and on-line PDFs from other clubs, although
they aren't complete (turn on fixed-width fonts):

                          Year vs Club
                SAC     EVAC    TAAA    PAS     PAC
        1993    AMM
        1994    AMM                     AMM
        1995    AMM                     MM(1)
        1996    AAMM                    AAMM    AAMM
        1997    AMM     MM              AMM
        1998    AMM     AAMM(2)
        1999    AMM     AAMM    MM      AAMM    AAMM
        2000    AMM     AMM     AMM
        2001    AAMM    AAMM(3) AAMM
        2002    AAMM    AAMM(4) AAMM(4)
        2003    AAMM    AAMM    AAMM
        2004    AAMM    MM      AAMM
        2005    AAMM    AAMM    AAMM

An empty space means no issues mentioning the MM could be found.

(1) In the PAS article by AJ Crayon, the marathon is refered to only as
    the Messier Marathon.
(2) EVAC distributed a hand-out with their club's president as contact.
    Newsletter only refers to it as MM.
(3) February newletter it was AAMM, March it was MM.
(4) 2002 article titles it as 2001 marathon.  Both EVAC and TAAA :-)

        -Paul

Memory is the second thing to go - I forgot what goes first...