[sac-board] Re: [EVAC] New General Assembly Meeting Place Announcement

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:14:58 -0500

Paul Dickson wrote:

This message certainly makes a good case for putting the quoted material first,
otherwise you have to read the sections backwards in order to understand what's
going on?

I sometimes do (but not this time).  It's actually very appropriate to put the
"answer" first when one is trying to get the reader's attention with the
solution to a problem.  Often, people with lives put lengthy e-mail messages on
the back burner.  C'mon, Paul.  Jenn comes up with an elegant way for SAC to
solve an EVAC problem, and you're more concerned about syntax.

If I may stoop to your level of pedantry for just a moment, the question mark
in your sentence really confused me, since it was clearly not interrogative.

Tom?