[sac-board] Donation to the Challenger Center

  • From: SaguaroAstro@xxxxxxx
  • To: SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 00:21:41 EDT

All,

I stopped by the Challenger Science Center today and spoke with Rod Ossowski,
who is their Director of Development regarding possibly donating the funds in
our schoalarship account.  We had a nice talk and while he certainly seemed
pleased to know we are considering making the donation, he wasn't pressing
for the check either. I mentioned we would like to see the proceeds used
towards astronomy related programs and he said he would put together some
information for us regarding what astronomy programs the center has running
and planned. He also provided some annual reports, which I'll bring to the
meeting along with whatever else he provides. He asked us to look over what
they're doing and if we decide we want to donate to the center, he'd invite
us for a presentation ceremony, the big check kind of thing and a small
luncheon or something similar. He indicated the local press likes this kind
of thing and we'd probably get some press space. Any donations would be made
in the name of the club in memory of Pierre. All in all I got a very positive
feeling from my time there today. I'll post what I can prior to the meeting
for everyone's review.

Clear Skies

Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews