[sac-board] Re: Date and place for Spring Public Viewing

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:28:57 -0700

Way ahead of you. I've already set it up with Jen Godby of Glendale Parks &
Rec at Thunderbird Park. The date will be April 16, 2005. Sunset is 7:00 pm,
1st Qtr Moon. That's the date she preferred and wants to get it into the
system so she can start the planning and announcements.

Apparently they have a whole Marketing Dept takes care of it, not fly-by-night
like Phoenix Parks. Media, newsletters, flyers, etc. I will still be
contacting Republic Science editor John Stanley to get it into one of his
columns near the date.

Would like you or someone to make up the flyers for the event to distribute at
the SAC meetings. Stan C. can get it onto the website and Rick can post in the
next NL with the usual maps, if they please.

Jack Jones
Public Events Coordinator
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Phoenix AZ