[sac-board] Re: Current Club Roster

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:28:30 -0700

On Fri, 28 May 2004 07:09:37 -0700, Thad Robosson wrote:

> Maybe we could put it on the club's site (not linked) and direct the
> members there if they
> want to download it?  Do the spam crawlers read emails addys in PDF files?

The SAC E-mail addresses were most likely extracted from the SAC newsletter.

Direct E-mail or hardcopy is about the only way to prevent the addresses
from getting on some spammer's list.  The PDF is about 37K, meaning the
message would be about 50KB (MIME encoding expands the file size by 4/3),
this is about the size of 10 average messages.

How about something like the survey I did about 7 weeks ago on
SAC-Announce.  Each individual would receive a message and could reply to
it.  Upon my receiving the reply, the PDF would be sent.  I could automate
the latter part.  This would prevent my dialup connection from being
choked up for an hour delivering the PDFs.

        -Paul