[sac-board] Re: Board Meeting, 1/18/08

  • From: Steve D. <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <theprof@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 12:25:19 -0700

I'm not too concerned with a design for a SAC business card, but I do think
they should be as generic as possible so we can pass them down to the next
officers.  Therefore, a calendar on the back would be unnecessarily limiting.
With the small number of cards distributed over the coarse of a two year term,
it just doesn't make sense to make them too specific.  I haven't looked at the
files Rick attached to the other email, as my dial-up is excruciatingly slow,
but I'm sure whatever you guys pick will be fine, as long as the SAC logo is
prominent.

I haven't been told the status of the current cards, if any, so I don't know
how urgent it is to order more.  This is one reason we didn't get to it at the
board meeting Friday.  (This and the limited amount of time we had, the absence
of Peter and AJ, and the time it took to resolve the agenda items we did get
to.)  If it's ok, I'll look at the designs tomorrow and we can decide online.

Thanks everyone for your input and actions on this.

Steve Dodder
President, Saguaro Astronomy Club
Director, Stone Haven Observatory

fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman

> From: pargenz@xxxxxxx
> To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; theprof@xxxxxxx
> Subject: [sac-board] Re: Board Meeting, 1/18/08
> Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 11:30:53 -0700
>
> Thanks Rick
>
> With regards to the calendar, and any other content that is time-specific,
> the inclusion of such information renders the cards useful only for a
> specific timeframe. That's not a bad thing, just an element to consider.
> That could also dictate the quantity produced.
>
> Peter

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your
"fix".