[sac-board] BenQ Projector

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 13:19:57

I had some time to review the owner's manual for SAC's BenQ 6200 projector.
 This projector is very easy to use, with good features on the remote.  It
should really be 'plug and play' in the future.  A couple items regarding
the pricey lamps.

The good: In economy mode, which we can easily use in our pitch-black
meeting room, the rated lamp life is 3000 hours.  That represents a couple
thousand SAC meetings.

The bad: Check this out from the manual:  "Do not operate lamps beyond the
rated lamp life.  Excessive operation of lamps beyond the rated life could
cause them to explode on rare occasions."

Tom