[sac-board] Re: BENQ Projector Problem

  • From: Steve D. <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:02:17 -0700

I agree with this and encourage getting it fixed locally.  I know of another
shop that fixes cameras and checked out my slide projector.  They're in
Chandler, just east of I-10 off Chandler Blvd.  I can ask if they'll do it, too
as a backup.

Steve Dodder
President, Saguaro Astronomy Club
Director, Stone Haven Observatory

fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman

> Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:52:12 -0500
> From: tpolakis@xxxxxxx
> To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [sac-board] Re: BENQ Projector Problem
>
> ---- Paul Dickson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:40:43 -0700, Jack Jones wrote:
> >
> > > I'm assuming it has been less than a year???
> >
> > It was purchased in 2006.
>

> If the projector being more than one year beyond the purchase date puts it
> out of warranty,  then perhaps we could get it serviced locally rather than
> return it to BenQ.  Phoenix is a large enough city to have somebody do a
> repair that may be no more than replacing a fan.  It needs to be completed by
> February 22.
>
> I don't know anything about them, but as an example here's a place on
> McDowell and 48th St. that does projector repair.
>
> http://www.compuworldaz.com/services.html
>
> Tom

Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star
power.