[sac-board] AZ Sci Ctr IYA Events

  • From: "Richard Harshaw" <rharshaw2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "SAC Board" <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 07:29:19 -0700

This is the exchange I had with Mike at the AZ Sci Ctr:
==========================

Hi Richard!  I am excited that Saguaro has agreed to help out!  The answers
to your questions are below:

1. For the day events, all you need to bring is yourself and whatever you
would like to have displayed on your table.  If you have any displays
("exhibits") you would like to bring, we can certainly make arrangements for
space.  We would just need to know what it is, the science it is speaking
about, the manner in which it discusses the science, and how big it is.  I
hope you understand the need to have those questions answered.  They are
questions everyone, including ASC employees, have to answer.

2. The star parties in the evening are in the Heritage park.

3. For the day events, we will have tables for you guys, EVAC, ASU Center
for Meteorite Studies, Mars Space Flight Facility, and the Lowell
Observatory.  This will constitute the core group that participates every
Astronomy Day.  We will also have solar viewing.  To answer your question,
we will take as many as you would like to send.  At the least, enough to man
your table (if you want one).  However, we could also use a little help with
solar scopes.

4. I do not know.  I know that our marketing group got the logo.  However, I
am not sure which avenues they traveled to get them.  I will look into it
for you.

Thank you for your participation in our IYA celebrations.  I look forward to
our partnership in the coming year and beyond.  I will talk to you soon!

Mike

Mike George
Director of Theaters Experience
PHONE: 602-716-2079  |  FAX: 602-716-2099
mikeg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  _____