[sac-board] A SAC Roster

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 00:34:42 -0700

Last week I rewrote my program for generating the roster in programming
language Python (it was originally in Perl).  It now has more features
including sorting.

I sent an interim PDF roster to some of the board members.

Currently I can get the entire membership on two pages (which could be
printed on a single double-sided page).  Do we want to continue this, or
do we want to include complementary and/or newsletter-only subscriptions?
If so, should I separate these into sections or go with the entire sorted
alphabetically?

Privacy:  currently I've sent a request to Al to add two fields to the
database, one for designating office (board members and chairpersons) and
the other for privacy.  The latter will hold which database fields to
withhold from the the roster.  Currently, I only have two people who
requested such limits and they were coded into the Perl program.  With
these two fields added to the database, I won't have to edit my program
after elections or member updates.

        -Paul