[sac-board] Re: 2008 scheduling

  • From: Steven Dodder <sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:12:41 +0000

Gene,
  I'd appreciate your effort to bring the schedule to Claude's attention.  (I
knew his first name, but couldn't get it to my fingers in time.  :-)  We met at
All Arizona, but didn't talk much.)

Steve Dodder
Director, Stone Haven Observatory
President, Saguaro Astronomy Club
sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my web site at http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman

> Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 13:36:31 -0700
> From: geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [sac-board] Re: 2008 scheduling
>
> Steve,
> Thanks for addressing these important issues promptly.
> The EVAC President is Claude Haynes, at these e-mails:=20
> president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Claude.Haynes@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Howard Israel is the VP, in charge of speakers:
> vp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> howmad1@xxxxxxx
>
> I will be going to the EVAC holiday party at the Gilbert Library this=20
> Friday (in lieu of a regular meeting) and can bring the subject up.
>
> Cheers,
> Gene Lucas
> (17250)
>
> Steven Dodder wrote:
>
> >Hello everyone,
> >  I'd like to hold a board meeting before the January regular meeting to=
>  get things rolling and find out where we are and where we'd like to go. =
>  I'm enclosing a revised schedule for 2008 for Rick to publish and you to=
>  peruse.  There are fewer conflicts with EVAC meetings, leaving 3 instead=
>  of 8, but some are earlier in the month than we usually like.  I picked =
> earlier in the month, closer to first quarter Moon, to avoid conflicts wi=
> th major and minor star party weekends.  It's been suggested we meet at l=
> east once coincident with EVAC, perhaps at the Arizona Science Center at =
> one of our conflicting dates, perhaps pooling resources for a speaker.  I=
> 'd suggest the August meeting, but if we, (meaning Jenn), can line someon=
> e up for March, that'd be good, too.  I'll ask someone that belongs to bo=
> th clubs to contact EVAC for this, along with an email to their President=
>  myself.  (I'll have to look that one up on their site, I suppose.)
> >So, here's my idea of a schedule.  Feedback is welcome.  Asterisks indic=
> ate conflicts with EVAC.
> >
> >1/18*                   7/11
> >2/22                     8/15*
> >3/21*                   9/12
> >4/11                    10/10
> >5/23                    11/14
> >6/13
> >
> >So, who has the SAC Email passwords?
> >

> >Steve Dodder
> >Director, Stone Haven Observatory
> >President, Saguaro Astronomy Club
> >sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> >Visit my web site at http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman
> >Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary!
> >http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=3Dchick_wlhmtextlink1_dec
> >

> > =20

i?m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a
difference.
http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/MTV/?source=text_Cause_Effect