[ryerson_index] Re: The NSW Probate Index

  • From: John Graham <johngrah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ryerson_index@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2022 18:17:40 +1000

John,

This one is tricky.

Because the occurrence of a two-word surname in the alias column is so rare, we haven't specifically programmed for it.

In this case, I would swap the alias and the name around - you can then use the surname column for De Franchi, and have a one-word surname in the alias.

As long as we get both names into Ryerson, it isn't a major concern which is the primary name and which is the alias.

John

John,

How do you want the following entered:-

Name - Stephane Roger Marius Defranchi

Alias - Stephane Roger Marius De Franchi

Should I enter De Franchi as the surname (in the surname column) and delete the alias and delete Defranchi from the name.