[ryerson_index] Re: One or two entries

  • From: "Bill" <oldboybill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ryerson_index@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 20:15:07 +1000

Dear Judith,

Assumption is not something that the Ryerson Index does. The reputation of the index is built on indexing facts included in the notices we index.

If the name STOTT for Philip was mentioned I would suggest including the name, but as an alternative, because a researcher has to find the notice and they would not find the notice looking for Philip STOTT, they would have to look for Jennifer STOTT.

Because of this I would just index Jennifer.

Sincerely, Bill

The attached notice is unusual.   At first glance it seems to require a
second entry for Jennifer's brother Philip.   If we assume that Jennifer
STOTT is the maiden name and her brother Philip is also STOTT, there is no
death notice on Ryerson for a Philip STOTT.   What are your instructions