[rurallife] Re: [rlc_announce] Volunteering opportunities!!!!

  • From: Bob Nix <bob.nix54@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rurallife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rlc_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 13:26:44 +0000

Sorry Chris.
We will be back at work on Wednesday.
Bob & Ali
On 30 Oct 2015 11:23, "Chris Shepheard" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear all,

Now that the winter approaches I'm sure that many of your are wondering
what
to do with your time! ;-)

Well the museum may be able to help there - surprise, surprise.

With the few early frosts that we have had followed by wind and rain, the
leaves have come off the trees around the site very rapidly this year.

Because of this the stalwart gardening team have declared next Wednesday
(November 4th) as the season's first "blitz" day for leaf clearing.
Therefore you are all cordially invited to come along and join in the fun.
It is a very sociable occasion as everyone joins in together to form teams
to tackle the large swathes of fallen foliage.

Essentially the clearing starts around 9.30am with a refreshment break at
10.30am and then continues to lunch time (if your happy to continue into
the
afternoon there will still be plenty of clearing to be done though!)

If you'd like to join in please come along with appropriate old and
weatherproof clothing plus a garden or leaf rake. We will be clearing into
large bags which will be transported to the mulching bins using the buggy
etc. (For those that don't know our fallen leaves are turned into a source
of useful income for the museum as we do quite a trade in well rotted leaf
mulch each spring.)

I look forward to seing you here on Wednesday

However...

If you prefer an inside job or just can't make Wednesday, how about
becoming
a volunteer Santa booking officer? With the museum only being open on
Wednesdays and Sundays from now on the office staff do their best to keep
up
with the often near constant stream of 'phone calls enquiring about or
booking Santa Specials.

We can always accommodate one volunteer on any other day of the week
(Saturdays excluded) to help with this important job. It's nice and warm in
the office and, again, it's a very sociable activity.

Each booking takes around ten minutes to complete so that confirmation is
ready to send out to the family but don't worry about exactly what it
entails as we will train anyone who likes to take up the challenge.

If you're interested in helping out with the bookings please give Madeleine
a call in the office (01252 795571) between Sunday and Thursday and again
we
look forward to you joining our happy team!

Many thanks,
Chris Shepheard
--
Chris Shepheard