[rurallife] Re: Please help "redirect" Google

  • From: Chantal Walter <wellycwalter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rurallife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rurallife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 17:34:07 +0100 (BST)

Done

________________________________
 From: Rural Life Centre <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: rurallife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, 12 October 2013, 16:45
Subject: [rurallife] Please help "redirect" Google

Hi everybody,

Please can I ask you all to do a little favour.

If you search Google for our Santa Specials at the moment, the top three
hits all point to the old site. I don't want to take it down yet as broken
links in Google are never a good idea (we will remove it once Google has
re-indexed the new site).

Please can you all do the following for me and do it once only!

Go to the Google main page (or on a toolbar if you have a Google one) and
type in the search box "rural life centre santa" (exactly like that but
without the quote marks please.

On the page of links that comes up please click on the one that actually
says, in the second line, "www.rural-life.org.uk/" Please do not click on
any other link on that page as most of them point to the old site.

Wait until the new website page loads and then close the browser or continue
browsing as you wish.

That action should move the relevant hit nearer to the top of the page and
the other references will quickly drop out (I hope!)

Thanks,
Chris
--
Rural Life Centre           Old Kiln Museum Trust
Reeds Road, Tilford, Surrey, GU10 2DL

Chris Shepheard - list administrator