[rurallife] Re: New website

  • From: Paul Charleton <p.charleton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rurallife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 18:46:26 +0100

The web site is great improvement on the current one

My observations are

The header and footer bands are the wrong colour and far too wide

It is not really clear enough to identify who the site is about, Rural Life Centre is lost in text, it needs to stand out more, not like the current site

The opening page I don't think you should scroll, it should all be contained on one page with links to other pages which can scroll

Rgds

Paul

On 19/05/2012 10:21, Rural Life Centre wrote:
Thanks for all your comments. You will see that our website now features the
Google custom search which should help visitors to find the information they
require.

I think now might be an opportune moment to give you the URL of the new
draft site and invite you to comment on it - content, layout, ease of
navigation etc.

The developer is Lotty Wheeler who has been very patient with us so far. Her
site can be found at http://rural.mywpadmin.co.uk/

What I would particularly like is if the interested members of this list
could form a small team to work with Lotty on getting the new site just
right and ready to launch to our waiting public. (Obviously the governing
body of the museum will have the final say of when we go live.)

If you are interested in helping with this important task please let me know
and I'll set the process up.

Many thanks,
Chris

Rural Life Centre<info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Dear all,

As you are probably aware we are working on a new website for the museum.
However progress is very slow mainly because other things, like running
the museum, keep getting in the way. I hope soon to be able to make the
address of the draft version available to all for comments.

In the meantime I've made a few alterations to our homepage which
hopefully make it look a little more modern and more helpful to visitors.
Namely these are a photographic backdrop and a Google site search for the
museum's pages.

This can be viewed by following this link
http://www.rurallife.plus.com/rlc/index3.html

I would value your feedback on readability and usefulness before going
live with these changes. Please note the changes will only affect the
front page - the rest of the site will remain as it is now. The front page
appearance will vary depending on what size your browser window opens at
but I have tried to design it so that it looks good in a variety of common
sizes.

I look forward to your comments.

Chris

Please remember what you post to this list is seen by volunteers, staff and
interested members of our public. Also, to avoid delay, ensure you post to the
list from the email address with which you are subscribed.

Chris Shepheard - list administrator