[rurallife] Re: Happy Harvest Home

  • From: Chris Shepheard <chris.shepheard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rurallife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rurallife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 21:15:00 +0100

In message <1317578653.78997.YahooMailNeo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          lynne ede <lynne_ede@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I do hope so Chris as I felt disappointed at the turnout. Everyone I
> spoke to was happy and the volunteers were marvellous as usual.

The visitor numbers for the week were almost _three_ times what they
were in the same week last year! Now some of that is accounted for by
Judy's exceptional number of schools but underlying that the
ordinary/general visitors for the week this year still exceed the
total for the week last year.

Obviously not everyone went to the seaside or Tilford Green (Alexa
tells me it took her almost 20 minutes to get from her home to the
museum this afternoon!)

> Thank you all.
>
> Lynne

Yes, and thanks to you we have what was remarked on by several
volunteers to be the most varied and interesting Harvest Home for many
a year with more activities around the museum than ever before.

Maureen made a suggestion that we could do a special offer for entry
to Harvest Home next year to get people to "try" the event - perhaps
children go free or two adults for the price of one - just for that
day. Alternatively we could probably get half price vouchers in one of
the local newspapers.

I think the volunteers all enjoy Harvest Home as a bit of a "wind
down" from a busy season. We could offer the event to visitors with
the reduced price as a "thank you" for their support over the year (or
at least that's the way we'd publicise it).

Chris

--

Chris Shepheard writing as himself
chris.shepheard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx