[rurallife] Fwd: Tandem parachute jump

  • From: John Larke <jwlarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Freelist RLC <rurallife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 20:01:15 +0100

Hello Rustics
Please see the email from Liz Wheatley a fellow rustic and the current Mayor of
Waverley also braver than me. I have no wish to throw my body out of an
aircraft (must be mad).
Liz is hoping that some rustics will be generous and sponsor her bravery with
real money for her chosen charity. I am sure we all wish her well and hope she
will raise a good sum for her effort.
Regards

John Larke

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mikeandlizw@xxxxxxx
Subject: Tandem parachute jump
Date: 11 May 2015 12:48:34 BST
To: john.larke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear John,

Would you be kind enough to pass the email below on to fellow members of the
Rural Life Centre for me, please?

Dear Friends,

At last, now the election is over, I may tell everybody about my tandem
parachute jump.

I was challenged last August by the Tigers, the free fall parachute team of
the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment and it has taken this long to get
arranged. I have to go to their base in Germany and will be flying out on
Tuesday, 12th May with the hope of doing the jump either on Wednesday, 13th
May or Thursday, 14th May, depending on the weather.

Although my main Mayoral charity of the year has been Citizens Advice
Waverley, I thought this time I would highlight another need. Residents of
Northbourne, the estate in the corner of my ward of Binscombe, have been
dreaming of a community building for the last eight years. I would like to
'jump start' a fund to help them attain this dream. It is hoped that half
the building would also enable a boxing club to be created.

Should you wish to sponsor me, would you be kind enough to use the following
link, please:
https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/lizwheatley

Many, many thanks in advance.

Kindest regards,

Liz

Liz Wheatley (Mrs)
1, Sol-y-Vista, Frith Hill Road, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 2EF
Phone/Fax: 01483 423492
Email: mikeandlizw@xxxxxxx