[rurallife] Fw: Surrey Police: Witness Appeal

  • From: "Sylvia McQuire" <s.mcquire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 21:36:12 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: Stephanie Saunders
To: s.mcquire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:43 PM
Subject: Surrey Police: Witness Appeal

      Dear Mrs Sylvia McQuire,

            Issue Date: 28/06/2013

            Police appeal for witnesses following an attempted burglary in
Farnham

            Surrey Police is appealing for witnesses after two men were
disturbed attempting to break into a house in Farnham.
            The incident took place at an address in Swingate Road shortly
after 11am on Wednesday, 26 June.

            The occupant of the property returned home and discovered two men
attempting to force open a window at the back of the address using tools.

            The woman confronted the two men and they both ran from the
address, across Greenhill Road and were last seen running down a footpath
towards Tilford Road.

            The first man is described as white, slim build, short dark hair
and was wearing black clothing including a long sleeved black top.

            The second man is also described as white and of slim build, in his
forties, with dark hair which was longer than the first man and was also
wearing black clothing including a black long sleeved top.

            Following the incident Surrey Police officers carried out house to
house enquiries and the area where the men were attempting to gain access to
the address has been forensically examined by Scene of Crime Officers (SOCO).

            Detective Constable Andy Greaves, who is leading the investigation,
said: "This was a concerning incident where a woman returning home was
confronted by two men trying to break into her house.

            "Fortunately the men left empty-handed and the victim was not
harmed in any way during the brief confrontation but she has understandably
left shaken by what must have been a very upsetting experience.

            "The offence took place in a quiet residential street so I feel
certain the residents would remember seeing two men acting suspiciously in the
local area on Wednesday morning.

            "I am also very keen to hear from anyone who saw where the two men
went after running from the address. They may have had a vehicle in the area
and we have not ruled out that they may be local to Farnham.

            "This was an unusual offence and I can assure Farnham residents
that we are doing everything possible to bring those responsible to justice.”

            Anyone who witnessed the incident or with any information should
call Surrey Police on 101, quoting reference WV/13/3013, or call independent
charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

            Issued by Richard Griffith on 28/06/2013 08:55:09

            ENDS

            Follow Surrey Police at www.twitter.com/surreypolice.

            Call 101 for all non-emergency policing matters.
            Call 999 if you have a genuine emergency requiring the attendance
of the police (eg a crime is in progress or someone is in immediate danger)
            Call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555
111 if you have information about a crime and don't want to leave your name.

      .

      If you need to contact us in the meantime, you can reach us on

      Email: waverley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Tel: 101

No virus found in this message.