[rurallife] Fantastic news

  • From: "tinaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tinaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rurallife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 00:34:59 +0100 (BST)

Fantastic news that we have been longlisted again for the Kids in
Museums Family Friendly award, which is the result of a great team
effort!

Thank-you everyone who is involved with the museum in so
many different ways…those who clean, garden, tidy, paint, build,
conserve or restore, accession and display. All who help with the
schools and family activities, also the café and shop staff, Chris,
John, Helen, Lara and the Trustees too. Everybody contributes to the
success of our museum. Many, many thanks.

Dea Birkett, Director of
Kids in Museums says, ‘It’s testament to all the hard work of the team
at the Rural Life Centre that they’ve risen to the top in Britain’s
biggest museum award and the only one judged by families, for the
second time in two years! Small, volunteer supported museums can
deliver family friendliness just as much as bigger ones, and the Rural
Life Centre proves just that. Best of luck for the next stage.’

Thanks
to everybody who nominated us again. It must have made a difference!

Judy
Voluntary Education Officer

Please remember what you post to this list is seen by volunteers, staff and
interested members of our public. Also, to avoid delay, ensure you post to the
list from the email address with which you are subscribed.

Chris Shepheard - list administrator