[rurallife] Another Santa success!

  • From: Chris Shepheard <chris.shepheard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rurallife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 21:28:14 GMT

Thanks to Norman and his wonderful team of elves, gnomes and fairies
we have completed successfully another very good Santa Specials.

Thankfully the weather was kind to us this year with no snow. We also
didn't need to turn the heaters on in the Frensham building either
weekend - this is virtually unheard of in the 19 year history of Santa
Specials at the RLC!

Would you believe that Jenny tells me that there is one family that
has been coming for all those 19 years? No, don't worry that there are
19 year olds that still believe in Santa - they've always managed to
find relatives from younger generations to bring along so that the
adults can continue to enjoy the unique experience our volunteers
provide.

In all we saw 973 children who were accompanied by over 2100 adults
over the four days. This is more than we saw in 2011 and is definitely
a step in the right direction during such troubled financial times,
especially as we had new competition from Hollycombe this year besides
the usual Santas on the Watercress Line and at Birdworld.

There is something about our event that makes it stand out from all
the others, I think, and that is reinforced by the comments from
visitors.

Thank you to everybody involved and I hope you all have a relaxing
Christmas to recover.

Chris
--

Chris Shepheard writing as himself