Re: rumprun on ec2 (Was: Re: rumpbake support for baked-in rootfs)

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 11:29:15 +0000

On 10/06/15 11:22, Andrew Stuart wrote:

pull and retry.

It works! Thanks.

Cool!

(venv3.4)ubuntu@ugbuildserver:~/ec2deploy$ telnet 54.176.215.28 11223
Trying 54.176.215.28...
Connected to 54.176.215.28.
Escape character is '^]'.
no hei vaan
Connection closed by foreign host.
(venv3.4)ubuntu@ugbuildserver:~/ec2deploy$

And it even speaks Finnish! ;)

Another question, does it matter that the JSON output but rumprun is not valid?
I put it through jsonlint.com and it wasn’t valid. So the JSON I put into
hardcoded_jsoncfg in callmain.c is valid JSON but not the same as that dumped
by rumprun.

Too many commas?

Yes and no. As long as the json parser in bmk-core eats the output generated by the rumprun launcher, I don't particularly mind, but of course it would be better to fix the generator to be compliant. I was just lazy. If you want to contribute a fix, it will be gladly accepted.