Re: rump-mathopd and rump-nginx packages moved, packaging infrastructure

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 20:16:51 +0000

On 01/07/15 16:26, Martin Lucina wrote:

Hi,

I've moved the rump-mathopd and rump-nginx packages to the nascent
rumprun-packages-wip repository, improving the way the packaging
"infrastructure" works in the process.

Thanks!

The build process for both is still the same, just run make, setting CC to
the rumprun toolchain you want to build for.

The packaging infrastructure has grown a couple of scripts, one to download
the upstream source tarball, and another to apply a series of patches to
the unpacked source tree.

It'd be good if the other packages in rumprun-packages-wip could make use
of this infrastructure to build rather than having a list of manual steps.

Good idea. I'll convert mpg123. I secretly hope that Krishna will convert python as part of his "python-static" work ;)

One nit: why is the repo now ~30megs but the head is still just some kb? I assume it's due to some part of history. Can we still somehow undo that without screwing anyone too hard? I'd like to keep the naiive "git-just-clone" as practical as possible; applies for all of repo.rumpkernel.org -- that's actually the reason that src-netbsd was rebooted to no longer contains the CVS directories.

I will continue moving more packages tomorrow, but the weather is too nice
right now :-)

If it was as nice in Bratislava as here, I'm not judging. I spent several hours biking along Isar. Luckily, should have more of that for the next few days.