Re: rump{bake,run} configuration files (Re: Make rumpbake more flexible)

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 13:27:38 +0000

On 30/09/15 12:56, Justin Cormack wrote:

I think Krishna's comparison to pkg-config is appropriate, and also exposes
the problem.

pkg-config produces output that cc(1) doesn't know about, nor is the output
required for every execution of cc(1).

Your proposed rumplinkconfig produces output that rumpbake requires for
every single successful link.

As always, we'll follow the "separate normal case and worst case" principle.

Not sure I understand. pkg-config is designed to produce output for cc(1)?

content cc(1) doesn't know about, not the format

Apropos, wouldn't it be more unixy if pkg-config produced an abstract format which one would pipe to another tool to produce cc(1) parameters?