Re: rump{bake,run} configuration files (Re: Make rumpbake more flexible)

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 10:46:49 +0000

On 27/08/15 10:33, Martin Lucina wrote:

Being able to specify an alternate config file or put all the arguments on the
command line is much easier for automated builds.

In that case, I can do the following:

1. Add a '-c CONFIG' option to rumpbake.

Ok, but what does it do in case of duplicates? Override previous ones? Override them but print something to stderr? Error out?

Furthermore, require RUMPBAKE_CONFVERS to be specified in each config file, just so that we don't have to make sure to break the syntax if we change semantics.

3. Additionally, search for a rumpbake.conf in some well-defined path, say
$HOME/.config/rumpkernel.org/rumpbake.conf.

I don't see why that's desired. If typing -c is too tiring, you can always define an alias or use a Makefile instead of some weird magic happening. ld doesn't read ~/.ld.conf either.