Re: rumpbake support for baked-in rootfs

  • From: Justin Cormack <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Martin Lucina <martin@xxxxxxxxxx>, rumpkernel-users <rumpkernel-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 15:35:56 +0100

On 15 June 2015 at 15:33, Martin Lucina <martin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wednesday, 10.06.2015 at 12:18, Antti Kantee wrote:
On 10/06/15 11:34, Andrew Stuart wrote:
As I understand it, Antti is wanting to hold off for now on integrating the
-R baked in root file system - that’s fine, no issue with that. However I
was rather enjoying using it and testing it and now that Antti has put a
fix through and EC2 is working, I’d really like to try the baked in file
system on EC2.

I’m not sure how to do this - is it correct that Martin’s branch is now
based on code that doesn’t work on EC2? What would need to be done to get
the baked in root filesystem working on top of the very latest rumprun repo
that includes the fix to make EC2 work?

If you pull the rumprun repo and checkout Martin's branch, you
should be able to get the hardcoded-json fix in there simply with
"git rebase master".

I've rebased the wip-rootfs branch against the latest master and re-pushed
it in case you need that. I'll write up plans for merging the baked-in
rootfs code to master shortly.

BTW I cleaned up libuntar a bit and removed some of its namespacing
issues, noting your commit comments. It is now a single file for ease
of adding to other projects. Let me know if you want any other
changes.

Justin