Re: licensing of intloop() from hurd/libddekit/interrupt.c

  • From: Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert Millan <rmh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 22:29:44 +0200

Robert Millan, le Sun 16 Aug 2015 19:38:42 +0200, a écrit :

El 16/08/15 a les 15:14, Antti Kantee ha escrit:
* It includes code from other people under GPLv2; I'm not sure if this may
be an issue wrt licensing
policy of Rump as this is only targetted at the pci-userspace module. In
any case if you
think it's an issue let me know and we'll try to find a solution:
- intrthread() is heavily based on intloop() from
hurd/libddekit/interrupt.c

I'm not worried about GPL, but I am worried about someone using GPL
accidentally when they did not intend to. It's better if the code can
offered under LGLP, but not a requirement. One option would be to put Hurd
support under "gpl/src-hurd". Or just be very explicit about the licensing
both in LICENSE and README.

Hi Samuel,

According to the changelog you added this code to the Debian package in 2012.
The
header in interrupt.c lists two people from University of Dresden. Given the
DDE
heritage of the code, I'm not sure who's the author of intloop() routine, as
it
is mostly Gnumach-aware code and seems unlikely to be part of DDE per se.

Do you recall where it came from?

intloop is Zheng Da work.

Samuel