Re: enable http_ssl_module by default in nginx?

  • From: Antti Kantee <pooka@xxxxxx>
  • To: martin@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 20:57:45 +0000

On 13/07/15 20:33, Martin Lucina wrote:

On 2015-07-13 16:22, Antti Kantee wrote:
Hi,

Brian updated the web server tutorial (*) to include instructions on
setting up a https server. For https, you need to compile nginx with
"--with-http_ssl_module", and that is not enabled by default in
rumprun-packages. Is there any reason to not turn it on by default?
The resulting binary will be a bit larger (+), but then again I think
we should ship with crypto by default.

There's no real reason apart from my general stance towards minimalism
for not enabling it. So sure, feel free to do so.

Done.

Going forward I think we want to codify something like ENABLE=whatever
for packages to enable optional features.

Yea, possibly, but let's

a) define that as a requirement when choosing the real packaging system
b) not add support to the shim before at least one person needs it