Re: enable http_ssl_module by default in nginx?

  • From: Martin Lucina <martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pooka@xxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 22:33:33 +0200

On 2015-07-13 16:22, Antti Kantee wrote:

Hi,

Brian updated the web server tutorial (*) to include instructions on
setting up a https server. For https, you need to compile nginx with
"--with-http_ssl_module", and that is not enabled by default in
rumprun-packages. Is there any reason to not turn it on by default?
The resulting binary will be a bit larger (+), but then again I think
we should ship with crypto by default.

There's no real reason apart from my general stance towards minimalism for not enabling it. So sure, feel free to do so.

Going forward I think we want to codify something like ENABLE=whatever for packages to enable optional features.

Martin